Thursday, June 19, 2014

Father of the Year Awards



Last Thursday, I attended the 2014 Father of the Year Awards at the Ritz Carlton in Chicago. This event was very glamorous and every minute was filled with enjoyment. First, I attended the V.I.P cocktail hour and I had the opportunity to get to know the fathers that were being honored that night along with their families. Then, more refreshments were available at the regular cocktail hour. I met ADA board members along with Molly Mellon from Novo Nordisk. A chime was played in order to tell us that dinner was ready in the main ballroom. Live music was playing as I walked into the lavishly decorated ballroom. A gourmet meal was served before the Father of the Year festivities began. Jesse Ruiz, Scott Swanson, and Kent Dauten were honored that night. The award ceremony was filled with touching videos from the honorees' families and speeches from the fathers. I was thankful for meeting the wonderful ladies from Novo Nordisk who sat at the same table as me along with the channel 2 CBS news team. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to attend this amazing event.

Channel 2 CBS News Team


Novo Nordisk Ladies and the Master of Ceremonies, Ryan Baker


Molly Mellon from Novo Nordisk