Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Camp Crossroads


Last week, I visited Camp Crossroads. I have visited three of the ADA's day camps this summer and it is interesting comparing them. What makes Camp Crossroads unique is the fact that it takes place at UIC Recreational facility. This gives Camp Crossroads huge bonuses such as a very spacious gym and pool. Plus, they have a rock climbing wall that the camp can use. My visit was very nice. First, I spoke at the Parent session and my presentation was about growing up with diabetes. I gave advice to the parents about managing diabetes with school, sports, and friendships. After my presentation was over, I quickly changed into my superhero costume where I was a hero for the day. I had fun talking and playing with the kids. This was Camp Crossroad's second year and already it is growing. If you live near Chicago, I recommend to sign your child up for camp next year