Thursday, July 31, 2014

Blogging can lead to amazing opportunities


A few months ago, I was asked to write for the ADA's national blog because they really liked my National Youth advocate application. I decided to write about my experience with managing diabetes and competing in beauty pageants. Here is the link to my blog post http://diabetesstopshere.org/2014/07/29/beauty-queen/. Beauty pageants and diabetes has been in the news a lot lately. Sierra Sandison, Miss Idaho America, wore her insulin pump during the swimsuit competition. She is inspiring diabetics everywhere to wear their pump in plain sight with her trending hashtag #showmeyourpump on twitter. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to talk to her. The Editorial Director of Diabetes Forecast just asked me today to interview Miss Idaho and write a story for their October issue. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity. It seems like each day keeps getting more exciting. Next week, I head off to Orlando to compete for the Miss Teen Galaxy title. I hope I can continue this diabetic beauty queen winning streak.