Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Farewell

This is my last blog post as your 2014 Northern Illinois Youth Ambassador for the American Diabetes Association. This year has been filled with memories that I will always keep in my heart. I have learned so much about myself this year through this experience and I wish that it did not have to end. Special thanks to Sue and Mallory for honoring me with this position and supporting me throughout the year. Thank you to my friends and family for encouraging me with everything I do. My favorite part about this experience was being able to share my story at many of the ADA events and at the summer camps. I will never forget all of the amazing people I have met this year . Promoting diabetes education and research is my passion and I will not stop being an advocate. I will continue being an active volunteer for the American Diabetes Association. My goal is to one day become Miss Illinois and then Miss America in order to promote my platform of Diabetes Awareness and Education. To those of you who have been dedicated readers to my blog, thank you for listening to me. I hope everyone has a blessed 2015.

Here are some highlights from my year:

Super Hero for a day at Camp Crossroads

Father of the Year award ceremony

Meeting NASCAR driver, Ryan Reed