Tuesday, October 21, 2014

In Search of the Next Northern Illinois Youth Ambassador



As my year of being the Northern Illinois Youth Ambassador is coming to an end, I am filled with sadness. This has been one of the best experiences I have had so far. But, it brings me with great joy to welcome a new Youth Ambassador. Will it be you? If you are between the ages of 10 and 17 and have participated in local ADA events (such as the Step Out walks, Tour de Cure, one of the ADA diabetes camps, ADA Expo), I encourage you to apply. To inform you about what types of events you will be attending, please take a look at my year:

The Dash to Cure Diabetes Second City fundraiser
ADA Volunteer Recognition Reception
Father of the Year Nominee Reception
Band Aid fundraiser
Illinois Diabetes Policy Coalition's trip to Springfield
Tour de Cure
Father of the Year Awards
Camp Discovery
Camp Confidence
Camp Crossroads
Drive to Stop Diabetes at Chicagoland Speedway


Listed below are the unique opportunities I have experienced this year:

Raised money for the ADA through my high school's 2014 Prom Fashion Show
Wrote for my own blog
Spoke in front of audiences across Illinois
Conducted Parent Talks at the ADA summer camps
Interacted with the cute campers of the ADA summer camps
Met my State Representatives
Wrote a blog post for the ADA's National blog
Interviewed Miss Idaho and had an article published in Diabetes Forecast
Met NASCAR driver Ryan Reed


As you can see, I had a great year. You can have this incredible experience too so please apply. Applying is pretty easy, fill out the application by December 31st along with submitting two reference forms. These forms are found in the ADA Family ENews October 2014.