Saturday, November 29, 2014

What I am Thankful For


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was so happy to see my family after being away at college for several months. I am thankful for many things this year. To start, I am very thankful for the support of my family. They have been by my side from the moment I was diagnosed to now where I am confident in my diabetes management. I am also thankful for my friends. At first, it was difficult explaining to them what diabetes is and what help I may need from them but now they respect my diabetes management and are always willing to give me help when needed. Also, I am thankful for the advancement of diabetes technology. I am happy to announce that in a few months, I will be using the MiniMed 530G with Enlite. I am so excited to be wearing this new pump because of a new important feature, Thresh Suspend. By wearing a Continuous Glucose Monitor with the pump, the pump will suspect when my blood sugar level is dropping and will automatically suspend. Most importantly, I am thankful for all of the opportunities I had this year. I am thankful to be your 2014 Northern Illinois Youth Ambassador and for this wonderful year of being involved with a variety of ADA events.